Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Quick Veggie Stir-Fry

This is a quick easy way to serve veggies.  You can change your veggies around for your own taste. Red or yellow bell peppers, sugar snaps, or fresh green beans are good substitutions. Also, if you have a small piece of leftover steak (or chicken), slice it up and add to veggies toward the end until heated through. This is a very versatile way to enjoy veggies and use those leftover meats!   We love it!

These are my favorites:

olive oil
1 large sweet onion, sliced
1 bunch of asparagus (I prefer pencil size), cut to about 2 inch lengths
1 cup carrot medallions
Season All seasoned salt (I prefer one with blue lid w/o garlic)
Fresh cooked Jasmine Rice*

Put rice on to cook while preparing veggies.

In open nonstick skillet, simmer carrots for about 10 minutes until tender. Remove and set aside.

Add about 2 T olive oil to skillet, add onion and cook on med/high heat until tender or caramelized, whichever is your taste. When onions are almost like you want them, add asparagus. Add Season All to taste, (I use liberally). Cook asparagus until tender. Add a dab of olive oil as needed. When almost ready, add carrots and cook for about 2 minutes.

Serve over Jasmine Rice as side or main dish!


*I prefer Jasmine Rice over regular long grain white rice. It has a much nicer flavor and smells really good while cooking. I have a rice cooker and that makes it much easier and impossible to scorch while tending to other parts of the meal or the kids:)

No comments:

Post a Comment