Sunday, January 2, 2011

Why this began...

We are only getting older. As 2010 closed we got the news that one of us (not me) has high cholesterol. Because of this, on New Years day we trekked off to Barnes & Noble in search of a low cholesterol cookbook. I chose the hardback 7th edition of The New American Heart Association Cookbook. I have made the commitment to work diligently in making our meals as heart healthy and delicious as possible. I want to try many of the recipes in this book and learn new ways to add flavor without adding unneeded fat. This book has many tips on what to look at in prepared foods and how to select healthier ingredients for your meal preparation. So today January 2, 2011 (Happy Birthday D!) I created my first meal from this cookbook. The adventure begins!

No comments:

Post a Comment