Friday, January 7, 2011

Teriyaki Halibut p.161

Well I could not find any halibut so I used haddock.  It is everywhere here in Wisconsin. I have to admit, I never tried this dish. I am not a big fish person. Doug ate it and said it was good, but I would not have to make it again on his account:)

So here is the recipe:

Marinade:
1/2 cup dry white wine
3 T low salt soy sauce
1 T light brown sugar
1 tsp all-purpose flour
1 tsp olive oil
1/2 tsp dry mustard

2 pounds of halibut filets
vegetable oil spray
6 pineapple slices, canned in their own juice


In a small bowl whisk together marinade ingredients. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; reduce heat and simmer 3 minutes. Pour into small bowl, and refrigerate 30 mins to an hour.

Rinse fish and pat dry with paper towel. Cut into serving size pieces. Put into plastic bag, pour in marinade and refrigerate for 15 minutes.

Preheat broiler. Lightly spray broiler pan and rack with vegetable oil spray.

Remove fish and put in broiler pan. Reserve marinade in small sauce pan and boil over medium-high heat for 5 minutes.   Brush the fish with the hot marinade.

Broil fish 5-6 inches from heat for 5 minutes. Turn carefully and top with pineapple. Broil for about 5 more minutes or until fish flakes easily with fork.

Serves 8.

1 comment: